HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR BODEWELL BURN:
Before lighting, please trim your wick to 1/4" for a smoke and soot free burn. You may use ordinary scissors or a fancy wick trimmer. It’s up to you. Either way, trim to avoid trouble.
• Upon first lighting, allow ample time for your candle’s surface to liquefy edge to edge (usually 3 hours). This will prevent unsightly tunneling and uneven burning as wax has a memory and you are essentially teaching your wax how to burn. Please be a good teacher. You will be rewarded for your efforts.
• If your wick should wander, put it back in its place. Literally. After each burn, when the flame is properly extinguished, center your wick if necessary by repositioning it in the malleable wax. This does not require a fancy tool. We find that chopsticks do the trick.
• When you have burned most of your beloved candle, please stop before you get to the bottom (1/4” of wax left). Reorder said beloved candle and pop the one you’ve used up into the freezer so you can easily remove the wax and reuse or recycle your perfectly reusable and recyclable vessel.
• NEVER, ever burn your candle in a draughty area or near loose fabrics such as curtains or towels or apron strings.
• NEVER move a lit candle.
• NEVER place your candle on an uneven surface.